Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionEAT, DRINK, AND BE MERRY? It's more like eat, drink, and be miserable. Feast or Famine is a vel which depicts what happens when the tension between the Catholic Church's restrictions on self-indulgence and the Italian desire for food, gambling, physical passion, and expensive (although tacky) material things encounters the social upheaval of the late 1960's and early 1970's. The main character, Mike Accordo, an English teacher, had t spoken for a long time after becoming catatonic following a traumatic event involving some students. As part of his recovery, he is in Florence, Italy, in the summer of 1987 with his mentor/surrogate mother/ufficial therapist, Ambrosia D'Italia. He is dictating his memoir so that he can hear his own voice again and be able to converse with his friend at the same time. The book focuses on South Philadelphians from the 1960's to the 1980's, and includes stories about gangsters, murder, drugs, and rock and roll.
- Author BiographyAugustus Cileone won the Dark Oak Mystery Contest sponsored by Oak Tree Press, which published his first novel, A Lesson in Murder, about homicides associated with a Philadelphia Quaker school with literary allusions. His second novel, Feast or Famine, a satire, deals with a traumatized man dealing with his Catholic Italian American upbringing in the 1960's and 1970's. He has been honored for his writing by Annual Art Affair, Hidden River Arts, the annual Writer's Digest writing competition, The Philadelphia Writers' Conference, the Montgomery County Community College's Annual Writers' Club Poetry and Fiction Contest, Filmmakers International Screenwriting Awards, and the Annual StoryPros International Screenplay Contest. Don Ron Books is also including one of his short stories in their collection entitled South Philly Fiction.
- Author(s)Augustus Cileone
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.