All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionWith this new lectionary commentary series, Westminster John Kx offers the most extensive resource for preaching on the market today. When complete, the twelve volumes of the series will cover all the Sundays in the three-year lectionary cycle, along with movable occasions, such as Christmas Day, Epiphany, Holy Week, and All Saints' Day. For each lectionary text, preachers will find four brief essays--one each on the theological, pastoral, exegetical, and homiletical challenges of the text. This gives preachers sixteen different approaches to the proclaimation of the Word on any given occasion. The editors and contributors to this series are world-class scholars, pastors, and writers representing a variety of deminations and traditions. And while the twelve volumes of the series will follow the pattern of the Revised Common Lectionary, each volume will contain an index of biblical passages so that nlectionary preachers, as well as teachers and students, may make use of its contents.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Bartlett is Professor of New Testament at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, Georgia. He is the author of What's Good about This News: Preaching the Gospel from Galatians and coeditor of the Westminster Bible Companion series. Barbara Brown Taylor is Harry R. Butman Professor of Religion and Philosophy at Piedmont College in Piedmont, Georgia and Adjunct Professor of Christian Spirituality at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, Georgia. She is the author of many books, including An Altar in the World. She is an at-large editor for The Christian Century and a sometime commentator on Georgia Public Radio.
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleFeasting on the Word
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Weight1179 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byBarbara Brown Taylor,David L. Bartlett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.