All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis new volume in the Feasting on the Word series will serve as an all-in-one pastor's companion for Lent and Holy Week, providing worship materials and sermon preparation tools for both lectionary and nlectionary preachers. In keeping with other Feasting on the Word resources, four essays provide theological, pastoral, exegetical, and homiletical perspectives on an Old Testament and a Gospel text for each Sunday. A complete order of service is provided for each of the Sundays in Lent, plus Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday. Hymn suggestions, midweek services, and children's sermon suggestions make this an invaluable resource for the season of Lent.
- Author BiographyDAVID L. BARTLETT is Professor Emeritus of New Testament at Columbia Theo--logical Seminary in Decatur, Georgia. He is the coauthor of Feasting on the Word Guide to Children's Sermons and coeditor of the Westminster Bible Companion series. BARBARA BROWN TAYLOR is Harry R. Butman Professor of Religion and Philosophy at Piedmont College in Piedmont, Georgia. She is the author of many books, including Learning to Walk in the Dark and An Altar in the World. She is an at-large editor for the The Christian Century and an occasional commentator on Georgia Public Radio. KIMBERLY BRACKEN LONG is Associate Professor of Worship and Coordinator of Worship Resources for Congregations at Columbia Theological Seminary. She is the editor of the Feasting on the Word Worship Companion series and the author of The Worshiping Body: The Art of Leading Worship, published by Westminster John Knox Press.
- Author(s)Barbara Brown Taylor,David L. Bartlett,Kimberly Bracken Long
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.