All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionFelix walks the same way to work through Southampton every morning, and the same way home again in the evenings. His life up to this point feels like one day repeated over and over; a speck of silt caught in the city's muddied waters. Sometimes it is all he can do to sit and watch while the urban sprawl races indifferently around him. But when the city stares back at him, one evening after work, everything changes. He doesn't see the statue's head move, but he feels its eyes on him, studying him from its lofty perch in East Park. From then on he continues to glimpse it, or something like it, encroaching with every visitation. With it come memories, spilling through the streets, crawling through the dark, haunting his night-time flat, until he isn't quite sure what is real anymore and what is imagined, in this hard, grey place where the gulls watch him sleep...
- Author BiographyThomas Brown is a postgraduate researcher at the University of Southampton, where he is investigating the relationship between horror and the sublime in literature. He has been Co-Editor of Dark River Press, and has written for a number of magazines, websites and independent publishers. In 2010 he won the University of Southampton's Flash Fiction Competition. In 2014 he won the annual Almond Press Short Story Competition. His first book, LYNNWOOD, was a finalist in the 2014 People's Book Prize. He is also a proud member of the dark fiction writing group: Pen of the Damned. When not writing, he can usually be found waiting on his cats, or enjoying a bottle (or two) of red with friends.
- Author(s)Thomas Brown
- PublisherSparkling Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSouthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSparkling Books Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.