All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Food writer and Food Network personality Simon Majumdar sets out across the United States to discover what it means to be American, one bite at a time.</b> Before deciding whether to trade in his green card for a U.S. citizenship, Simon Majumdar knew he needed to find out what it really means to be an American. So he set out on a journey to discover America through the thing he kws best: food. Over the course of a year, Simon crisscrossed the United States, stopping in locales such as Plymouth, Massachusetts, to learn about what the pilgrims ate; Kansas, for a Shabbat dinner; Wisconsin, to make cheese; Alaska, to fish for salmon alongside a grizzly bear; and Los Angeles, to cook at a Filipi restaurant in the hopes of making his in-laws proud. Along the way he makes some friends and digs in to the food cultures that make up America brewing beer, farming, working at a food bank, and even tailgating. Full of heart, humor, history, and, of course, food, <i>Fed, White, and Blue</i> is a warm, funny, and inspiring portrait of becoming an American in the twenty-first century.
- Author Biography<b>Simon Majumdar</b> is a food writer and broadcaster, and author of <i>Eat My Globe</i> and <i>Eating for Britain</i>. He has recurring roles as a judge on <i>Iron Chef</i>, <i>The Next Iron Chef</i>, and<i> Cutthroat Kitchen</i>, and has appeared on <i>Beat Bobby Flay</i>, <i>The Best Thing I Ever Ate</i>, <i>Extreme Chef</i>, and other shows. He is the fine-living correspondent for AskMen.com and writes regular features for the Food Network website, in addition to other media outlets. Simon was one of the voices behind the <i>Dos Hermanos</i> blog, which <i>GQ</i> called Michelin-starred food blogging. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Simon Majumdar
- PublisherAvery Publishing Group
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvery Publishing Group
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.39Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.