All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Federal Trade Commission, a US agency created in 1914 to police the problem of 'bigness', has evolved into the most important regulator of information privacy - and thus invation policy - in the world. Its policies profoundly affect business practices and serve to regulate most of the consumer ecomy. In short, it w regulates our techlogical future. Despite its stature, however, the agency is often poorly understood by observers and even those who practice before it. This volume by Chris Jay Hoofnagle - an internationally recognized scholar with more than fifteen years of experience interacting with the FTC - is designed to redress this confusion by explaining how the FTC arrived at its current position of power. It will be essential reading for lawyers, legal academics, political scientists, historians and anyone else interested in understanding the FTC's privacy activities and how they fit in the context of the agency's broader consumer protection mission.
- Author BiographyChris Jay Hoofnagle is adjunct full professor at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Information, and faculty director of the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology at the School of Law. He teaches about the regulation of technology, focusing on computer crime law, cybersecurity, Internet law, privacy law, and consumer protection law. Licensed to practice in California and Washington, DC, Hoofnagle is of counsel to Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin and Hachigian, LLP, a firm focused solely on advising global venture capital and emerging technology companies.
- Author(s)Chris Jay Hoofnagle
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 8 tables
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.