All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Federalism and Subsidiarity, a distinguished interdisciplinary group of scholars in political science, law, and philosophy address the application and interaction of the concept of federalism within law and government. What are the best justifications for and conceptions of federalism? What are the most useful criteria for deciding what powers should be allocated to national governments and what powers reserved to state or provincial governments? What are the implications of the principle of subsidiarity for such questions? What should be the constitutional standing of cities in federations? Do we need to remap federalism to reckon with the emergence of translocal and transnational organizations with porous boundaries that are t reflected in traditional jurisdictional conceptions? Examining these questions and more, this latest installation in the NOMOS series sheds new light on the allocation of power within federations.
- Author BiographyJames E. Fleming is Professor of Law and The Honorable Frank R. Kenison Distinguished Scholar in Law at Boston University School of Law. He is the author or co-author of several books, including Securing Constitutional Democracy: The Case of Autonomy and, with Linda C. McClain, Ordered Liberty: Rights, Responsibilities, and Virtues. Jacob T. Levy is Tomlinson Professor of Political Theory, Department of Political Science, McGill University. He is the author of The Multiculturalism of Fear and Rationalism, Pluralism, and Freedom.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2014
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleNOMOS - American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width3226 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJacob T. Levy,James E. Fleming
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.