All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionAgriculture has successfully managed to increase production faster than demand for nearly one and a half centuries, and agricultural policy has developed through times of impasse during this period. This book provides and utilizes a historical understanding of the current global food situation as the basis for analyzing the ultimate challenge on how to feed an ever-expanding world of 10 billion people.
- Author BiographyChristian Anton Smedshaug worked with agricultural policy as related to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) in the Norwegian Ministry of Agriculture from 2001 to 2003. From 2003 onwards, he has worked with the Norwegian Farmers Union on issues of agriculture, trade and development in the political context of the EU and WTO. He was awarded a PhD from the Norwegian Agricultural University in 2000. Niek Koning is currently Assistant Professor of the Agricultural Economics and Rural Policy Group at Wageningen University, the Netherlands, where his research topics include long-term evolution of the agri-food sector in developed countries, and agrarian institutions and politics.
- Author(s)Christian Anton Smedshaug
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAnthem Other Canon Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note100+ tables, figures and photographs
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byNiek Koning
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.