All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe basic ingredients of wool, lightweight woven fabric and a variety of fibres and yarns can be combined in a myriad of ways to create beautiful one-off pieces of felted fabric. This useful and inspirational book is a collection of felt 'recipes' to help you make all sorts of felt fabrics, from light and airy Nu felt, suitable for delicate projects such as wedding veils, to heavier, more durable fabrics that you can use to make handbags and other hardwearing items. It explains how to use layered fabric and felt, create interesting shaped edges and incorporate beads and other embellishments to enhance your work. Each 'recipe' contains full step-by-step instructions to enable you to create a stunning, unique piece of fabric. Suggestions are given for possible uses for each fabric, from evening wear to accessories to items for the home. Illustrated with stunning examples of felt fabrics and items that have been made with them, this book is a handy sourcebook to help you create a huge range of different felted fabrics for your textile-art projects.
- Author BiographySheila Smith is an experienced feltmaker who teaches in the UK and around the world, most recently in Australia and New Zealand. Former Chair of the International Feltmakers' Association, she writes regularly for textile and embroidery magazines, including World of Embroidery, Beautiful Stitches, Sewing World and Workbox. She lives in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Sheila Smith
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Notec. 120 colour illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.