All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionQueens and old crones, Buddhas and goddesses, mothers and wild women. The female deities of Buddhism inspire, beguile, rouse and protect us. This is a practical introduction to the major female deities of Buddhism suitable for general readers and includes figures from Tibet, India and China. It includes: the main figures encountered by Westerners; the meaning and purpose of mantras, sacred symbols, colours and art; a clear account of Buddhist visualization practice and how it works; an exploration of the place of women and the feminine divine in Buddhism; and over 20 figures including the five Wisdom Queens, female Buddhas of the mandala - White Tara and Vijaya, bringers of long life - Kwan Yin and Green Tara, the embodiments of compassion - passionate and fearless Sky-Dancers; and the Buddhas of Wisdom - the wrathful protectress.
- Author BiographyA much published and well-respected Buddhist author, meditator and teacher, Vessantara is a senior member of the Western Buddhist Order. He holds a particular love for Tibetan Buddhism and his known particularly as an effective storyteller.
- PublisherWindhorse Publications
- Date of Publication03/02/2003
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindhorse Publications
- Content Note5 b&w illustrations, 8 colour plates
- Weight218 g
- Width148 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.