All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we treat survivors of sexual abuse more effectively? Sexual abuse against females is a serious problem in society and there is a need for a greater understanding of the presentation and treatment of adult survivors of sexual abuse. In Female Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Christine Baker combines her clinical experience with an invative approach to the treatment of this problem. Female Survivors of Sexual Abuse addresses the experience of 180 female adults who were sexually abused in childhood, and provides detailed analyses and treatment approaches. The subject matter is presented in an accessible and compassionate way, imparting personal opinion and experience. It covers: * female survivors: their stories, and the evidence * integration, the alliance and the therapist * the survivor's journey to recovery * the families, disclosure and the role of the mother. This book enables the reader to enter the experience of the survivors and follow their progress to recovery, while highlighting the ever-changing state of kwledge in this difficult area. It will be invaluable to practitioners and students of clinical psychology, counselling, and psychiatry.
- Author BiographyChristine D. Baker is a consultant clinical psychologist practising in Jersey, providing a specialist service for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. She is the co-editor of Psychological Perspectives on Sexual Problems, Routledge, 1993.
- Author(s)Christine D. Baker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.