Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the status of feminism in this postfeminist age, this sophisticated meditation on feminist thinking over the past three decades moves away from the all too common dependence on French theorists and male thinkers and instead builds on a wide-ranging body of feminist theory written by women. These writings address the question Where are we going? as well as Where have we come from? As evidenced in the essays compiled here, the multiplicity of directions available to this new feminism ranges from poststructuralist academic theory through cultural activism to re-readings of law, literature, and representation. Contributors include Mieke Bal, Lauren Berlant, Rosi Braidotti, Elisabeth Bronfen, Judith Butler, Rey Chow, Drucilla Cornell, Ann Cvetkovich, Jane Gallop, Beatrice Hanssen, Claire Kahane, Ranjana Khanna, Biddy Martin, Juliet Mitchell, Anita Haya Patterson, and Valerie Smith. Feminist Consequences, representing the forefront of international feminist thought, marks a new and long-desired stage of feminist criticism where women are themselves making theory rather than reacting to male production.
- Author BiographyElisabeth Bronfen is the author, most recently, of The Knotted Subject: Hysteria and Its Discontents. Misha Kavka has published variously on male hysteria, modernist feminism, and gendered subjectivity in film. Both Bronfen and Kavka teach in the Department of English at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication24/01/2001
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleGender and Culture Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note15 halftones
- Weight681 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byElisabeth Bronfen,Misha Kavka
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.