All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributors to this volume work at the intersection of cultural studies, feminist studies, and critical development studies to articulate a new framework that they call Women, Culture and Development. The editors trace its genealogies and potential in their introduction, and the several parts of the book ground it by applying it to a range of issues including sexuality and the gendered body; environment, techlogy and science; and the cultural politics of representation. The result is a fresh vantage point on pressing issues of global development and a new paradigm for scholars and activists to consider. This interdisciplinary book, spanning diversely situated regions of the world, connects scholarship and social change and juxtaposes the past, present and the future to suggest a new lens through which to look at the situation of women in the global south. This volume will be of interest to scholars in development, international, global and comparative studies; women's studies; cultural studies; and the humanities and social sciences associated with all of these.
- Author BiographyJohn Foran is professor of sociology at the University of California at Santa Barbara. Kum-Kum Bhavnani is professor of sociology at the University of California at Santa Barbara, where she chairs a programme in Women, Culture, Development. Priya Kurian is senior lecturer in the Department of Political Science and Public Policy at the University of Waikato.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/01/2016
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 1 figures, index, biography
- Weight540 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDebashish Munshi,John Foran,Kum-Kum Bhavnani,Priya A. Kurian
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.