All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates the vast range of philosophical approaches, regional issues and problems, perspectives, and historical and theoretical frameworks that together constitute feminist philosophy in Latin America and Spain. It makes available to English-Speaking readers recent feminist thought in Latin America and Spain to facilitate dialogue among Latin American, North American, and European thinkers.
- Author BiographyMaria Luisa Femenias (Argentina), Doctor of Philosophy, Professor and researcher at the Universidad Nacional de La Plata and the Universidad de Buenos Aires. Coordinator of the Workshop on Critical Readings on Gender in the Instituto Interdisciplinario de Estudios de Genero (Universidad de Buenos Aires). Specializations: Aristotelian philosophy and gender theory. Her publications include Mujeres y Filosofia (co-authored), Como leer a Aristoteles, Inferioridad y Exclusion; Sobre sujeto y genero and numerous articles in national and international journals. Co-Founder of the Asociacion Argentina de Mujeres en Filosofia and member of the editorial board of Mora: Revista de los Comites Interinstitucionales para la Evaluacion de la Educacion at the Universidad de Buenos Aires. Amy Oliver (United States), Ph. D., Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy and Religion; Associate Professor of Spanish and Latin American Studies, American University, Washington, D.C. Past-President of the Society for Iberian and Latin American Thought (SILAT) and current or former member of various committees of the American Philosophical Association's Eastern Division. Selected publications: Edition with scholarly introduction to Leopoldo Zea's The Role of the Americas in History; Latin American subject editor of The Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy; El drama de la conciencia y la identidad universal: temas del pensamiento hispanico del siglo veinte, Values in Modern Mexican Thought . Member, editorial board, Cuadernos Americanos.
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- Series TitleValue Inquiry Book Series / Philosophy in Latin America
- Series Part/Volume Number189
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight375 g
- Width15 mm
- Height22 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Volume editorAmy A. Oliver,Maria Luisa Femenias
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.