All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionFeminist Theory, Crime, and Social Justice offers an insightful look at the primarily masculine-driven perspective on crime and justice through the lens of feminist theory. The book presents the argument that an increased understanding of the female crime typology, life course, and gender-specific programming will improve social justice for offenders. Discussions on the direct implications of the way society views crime and justice contribute to policy recommendations for helping to improve these views, specifically as they relate to female crime.
- Author BiographyAlana Van Gundy is an Associate Professor and the Criminal Justice Program Coordinator at Miami University in Ohio. Her research and publications focus on the etiology of female criminality, gender-specific theoretical testing, human rights violations within corrections, and policy recommendations for addressing female crime. Additionally, she has published work focused on online pedagogy and the National Inside-Out Prison Exchange Program. Van Gundy was named one of Cincy Magazine's Outstanding Educators Class of 2014.
- Author(s)Alana Van Gundy,Victor E. Kappeler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.