All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionFeodor Rojankovsky: a biography & catalogue raisonne The first and only book on the career and illustration art of Feodor Rojankovsky (1891-1970), the prolific Russian-American children's artist and one of the most interesting personalities among modern children's illustrators. The full view of his work reflects the sweep of his adventurous and cosmopolitan life. The book brings to light little-kwn aspects of the artist's life, career, and work and should serve as the standard international reference work and collector's guide for this popular illustrator. More than half of his books were illustrated after 1941, when in mid-career Rojankovsky emigrated to the United States from France and made the picture books for which Americans kw him best. In 1956, Rojankovsky was winner of the prestigious Caldecott Medal for illustrating John Langstaff's (Harcourt Brace, 1955), a book still in print. The artist's early reputation as a children's illustrator was made in France in the 1930s, where today he is as well kwn and celebrated as in the United States. In addition to mainly children's-book illustrations, Feodor Rojankovsky throughout his long career steadily produced for grown-ups graphic art of nearly every kind, which was published in Europe and the United States: magazine covers and drawings, books, book covers and jackets, catalog covers and brochures, picture calendars, magazine advertisements, travel and event posters, scenic postcards and Christmas greeting cards. Part I is a biography of the artist's life. The remainder of the book is a catalogue raisonne of his published work?-Part II, the children's illustrations, and Part III, the various graphic art for adults. The hardcover book is t illustrated. An e-book with 56 illustrations is available at a minal price. Irving and Polly Allen had careers as professors at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, and developed extensive interests in emigre Russian graphic art and in the history of modern culture and art. Irving Allen is the author of award-winning trade books on the social history of American popular speech. Tatiana Rojankovsky Koly is the artist's daughter.
- Author BiographyIrving and Polly Allen were professors at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, with extended interests in emigre Russian graphic art and in the history of modern culture and art. Irving Allen is the author of award-winning trade books on the social history of American popular speech. Tatiana Rojankovsky Koly is the artist's daughter.
- Author(s)Irving Allen,Polly Allen,Tatiana Rojankovsky Koly
- PublisherWood Stork Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWood Stork Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.