All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFeridun Zaimoglu made a spectacular entrance onto the German cultural scene in 1995 with Kanak Sprak: a volume of incendiary texts based on interviews with disaffected Turkish German youths, using an invented, stylized literary language, a hybrid of multiple varieties of German with a hip hop beat. A prolific and acclaimed velist, dramatist, newspaper columnist, visual artist and live performer, Zaimoglu has remained in the public eye through controversy and reinvention. His more recent work appropriates German literary traditions in radically new ways, adapting Romantic styles, narrative forms and motifs to postmodern conditions. This volume features the suppressed original first chapter of Leyla, Zaimoglu's critically and commercially most successful vel, first published in 2006, as well as an extensive interview with the author. Critical essays on his writing by major scholars in the field cover issues of gender, language and power, the politics of ethnicity, religion, Romanticism and anti-modernism, and the challenges of translating his work. This is the first volume of criticism in any language dedicated to Zaimoglu's literary work.
- Author BiographyTom Cheesman is a Reader in German at Swansea University. His books include Novels of Turkish German Settlement: Cosmopolite Fictions (2007) and the edited volumes Zafer Senocak (with Karin E. Yesilada, 2003) and German Text Crimes (forthcoming, 2013). Karin E. Yesilada has published widely on Turkish and other migrants as both producers and objects of representation in German literature, film, television and cabaret. Her Poesie der Dritten Sprache (2012) is the first book on the poetry of the second Turkish German generation.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleContemporary German Writers & Filmmakers
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKarin E. Yesilada,Tom Cheesman
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.