All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionWith Pessoa's digitized private library online, the importance of English to Pessoa has become indisputable, particularly in his formative years: numerous English authors served as the bedrock from which his poetic sensibility emerged, developed and soared. In fact, a significant amount of Pessoa's writings in English and in Portuguese (including those attributed to his heteronyms and/or to other literary personae) were greatly informed by these (his) original sources. Fernando Pessoa as English Reader and Writer provides ample evidence of his fruitful, lifelong relationship with the English language. In addition to its thematic focus, this latest volume of Portuguese Literary& Cultural Studies features sections dedicated to unpublished materials, new transcriptions of texts Pessoa originally wrote in English and verse translations by Pessoa into Portuguese. Contributors to this volume include George Monteiro, Patricia Silva McNeill, Richard Zenith, and Stefan Helgesson.
- Author BiographyPATRICIO FERRARI (PhD, Universidade de Lisboa) holds responsibility with Jeronimo Pizarro and Antonio Cardiello for the digitization of Fernando Pessoa s Private Library (online since 2010) and is co-author with Pizarro and Cardiello ofA Biblioteca de Fernando Pessoa(D. Quixote, 2010), Os Objectos de Fernando Pessoa(D. Quixote, 2013) andEu Sou Uma Antologia: 136 autores ficticios(Tinta-da-China, 2013). JERONIMO PIZARROis Professor at the Universidad de los Andes and holds the Camoes Institute Chair of Portuguese Studies in Colombia. He has a PhD in Hispanic Literatures (Harvard University) and a PhD in Portuguese Linguistics (Universidade de Lisboa). He contributed seven volumes to the critical edition of Fernando Pessoa sWorks, published by the INCM. He is co-editor with Steffen Dix of Portuguese Modernisms in Literature and the Visual Arts ( Legenda, 2011). He won the Eduardo Lourenco Prize in 2013.
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Content Note51 illus.
- Weight535 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJeronimo Pizarro,Patricio Ferrari
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.