All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionSet on the eve of the Cassius Clay Sonny Liston rematch and based on the friendship between the actor Stepin Fetchit and Clay soon to become Muhammad Ali Fetch Clay, Make Man explores how each handled a life in the public eye as black men in their respective eras Hollywood in the 20s, where a black actor s career depended on playing caricatures, and the mid-60s, after the assassination of Malcolm X. With incisive characterizations, crackling dialogue and generous doses of dark humor (Hollywood Reporter), Fetch Clay, Make Man audaciously recreates this improbably friendship and, through the relationship, digs to the heart of race relations during the highly charged days of 1960s America.
- Author BiographyWill Power is a performer and playwright whose plays have been produced at New York Theatre Workshop, the Actors Theatre of Louisville, La Jolla Playhouse and many others. His play The Seven won the Lucille Lortel Award for Best Musical and his solo shows The Gathering and The Flow have toured to over 70 cities. Power is currently on the faculty at The Meadows School of the Arts/SMU and the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Playwright in Residence with the Dallas Theatre Center.
- Author(s)Will Power
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.