Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionA concise introduction to Feynman diagram techniques, this book shows how they can be applied to the analysis of complex many-particle systems, and offers a review of the essential elements of quantum mechanics, solid state physics and statistical mechanics. Alongside a detailed account of the method of second quantization, the book covers topics such as Green's and correlation functions, diagrammatic techniques and superconductivity, and contains several case studies. Some background kwledge in quantum mechanics, solid state physics and mathematical methods of physics is assumed. Detailed derivations of formulas and in-depth examples and chapter exercises from various areas of condensed matter physics make this a valuable resource for both researchers and advanced undergraduate students in condensed matter theory, many-body physics and electrical engineering. Solutions to exercises are available online.
- Author BiographyRadi A. Jishi is a Professor of Physics at California State University. His research interests centre on condensed matter theory, carbon networks, superconductivity, and the electronic structure of crystals.
- Author(s)Radi A. Jishi
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note119 b/w illus. 113 exercises
- Weight860 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.