Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest update to the Fibre Channel Consultant series continues the tradition of providing comprehensive information on Fibre Channel techlogy. Newly updated with a major revision for 2007 to include virtual fabrics, inter-fabric routing and other changes to the standards, this valuable resource provides thorough and up-to-the minute discussions of Fibre Channel switched fabric topology. Fibre Channel Switched Fabric is the first reference text other than the standards. It's an in-depth examination of the Fibre Channel fabric including concepts, addressing, initialization, principal switch selection, routing concepts and protocols, path selection, and switching constructs. In addition, this book explores the rich set of functions found in switched fabric environments including the Name Server, Management Server, Alias Server, and the commands and protocol used to access the services. Most important, Fibre Channel Switched Fabric provides understandable explanations and practical guidelines for working with complex techlogy. As with its predecessors in the Fibre Channel Consultant series, this book will quickly become your gotta-have resource.
- Author BiographyMeet Robert W. Kembel, the man who wrote the books on Fibre Channel and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS). In his 35 years as a computer engineer, Robert has developed an exhaustive knowledge of Fibre Channel, FICON, ESCON and storage networking. During more than 28 years at IBM, he specialized in product development and I/O subsystem architecture and design. In his role at IBM, Robert represented the company's high-performance storage products at the Fibre Channel and SCSI committees, T11 and T10. Robert now combines his expertise in Fibre Channel technology with his abilities as a teacher and author. He's a popular instructor for professional training seminars and author of the Fibre Channel Consultant series. He has a talent for educating people about complex technology in clear and practical ways. Robert is a member of the National Committee for Information Technology Standards, which is responsible for developing the Fibre Channel standards. His books comprise the Fibre Channel Consultant series: Fibre Channel: A Comprehensive Introduction, Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop, and Fibre Channel Switched Fabric. These complete, up-to-date books have become the standard reference sources for industry professionals.
- Author(s)Robert W Kembel
- PublisherNorthwest Learning Associates
- Date of Publication17/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwest Learning Associates
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.