All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionMany studies of fictions of city life take the flaneur as the characteristic metropolitan type and streets and plazas as definitive urban spaces. Looking at vels and films set in London and Paris from L'Assommoir to Nil By Mouth , this book shows that mass housing is equally central to images of the modern city.
- Author BiographyMATTHEW TAUNTON has taught at University College London, Birkbeck College, Goldsmiths College, Central St Martins and the Open University, UK. His research interests lie in British and French literature from the nineteenth century to the present, urban studies, media history and film. His journalism appears in the New Statesman and the Times Literary Supplement.
- Author(s)Matthew Taunton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/09/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleLanguage, Discourse, Society
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight395 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.