CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $60.83
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionEx-spy 'Belle Boyd' is retired - more or less. Retired from spying on the Confederacy anyway. Her short-lived marriage to a Union navy boy cast suspicion on those Southern loyalties, so her mid-forties found her unemployed, widowed and disgraced. Until her life-changing job offer from the staunchly Union Pinkerton Detective Agency. When she's required to assist Abraham Lincoln himself, she has to put any old loyalties firmly aside - for a man she spied against twenty years ago. Lincoln's friend Gideon Bardsley, colleague and ex-slave, is targeted for assassination after the young inventor made a breakthrough. Fiddlehead, Bardsley's calculating engine, has proved the world is facing an extraordinary threat. Meaning it's t the time for civil war. Now Bardsley and Fiddlehead are in great danger as forces conspire to keep this potentially unifying secret, the war moving and the money flowing. With spies from both camps gunning for her, can even the torious Belle Boyd hold the war-hawks at bay? Cherie Priest has been hailed as 'the High Priestess of Steampunk' - and you can see why in this latest wonderfully written adventure.
- Author BiographyCherie Priest is a full-time novelist, perhaps most famous for the Clockwork Century series, starting with the highly-acclaimed and award-winning Boneshaker. She is also a member of the Wild Cards Consortium, George R. R. Martin's superhero universe. She currently lives in Tennessee with her husband, and you can find out more at www.CheriePriest.com
- Author(s)Cherie Priest
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleThe Clockwork Century
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date01/11/2016
- Weight264 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.