All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJonathan Kingdon, one of the world's foremost authorities on African mammals, has both written and illustrated this landmark field guide. The unique combination of his extensive field experience and artistic talent has produced a stunning work that sets new standards. The concise text provides full information on identification, distribution, ecology, relationships and conservation status, with introductory profiles that summarise the characteristics of each mammal group. All kwn species of African land mammal are covered, with coverage of several of the more complex groups of small mammals simplified by reference to genera. Classification has been fully updated and this new edition includes many newly recognised species. With over 780 colour illustrations, numerous line drawings and more than 520 maps, this book will be an essential companion to anyone visiting Africa or with an interest in the mammals of the continent. Competition te: There are regional mammal books covering southern Africa, for example, but ne that covers the whole continent in a portable format. The smaller-format and more concise Kingdon Pocket Guide to African Mammals may be more appealing to a more general safari market, but is much less comprehensive and more out of date.
- Author BiographyJonathan Kingdon was born in Tanganyika and has spent the better part of his life in Africa. He been acclaimed as both a leading academic and a prominent artist. He is an acknowledged authority on African mammals and is the author of numerous books on the subject. He is also the founding and senior editor of the award-winning, 6-volume Mammals of Africa (Bloomsbury 2013).
- Author(s)Jonathan Kingdon
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Note500+ colour illustrationa, 300+ maps
- Weight1156 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.