All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Now in paperback: the fully expanded, updated, and freshly designed second edition of the most comprehensive and widely acclaimed guide to domestic architecture: in print since its original publication in 1984, and ackwledged everywhere as the unmatched, essential guide to American houses.</b> This revised edition includes a section on neighborhoods; expanded and completely new categories of house styles with photos and descriptions of each; an appendix on Approaches to Construction in the 20th and 21st Centuries ; an expanded bibliography; and 600 new photographs and line drawings.
- Author Biography<b>VIRGINIA McALESTER</b>, was educated at Radcliffe and attended the Harvard Graduate School of Design. She is a founding member and past president of Preservation Dallas and also of Friends of Fair Park, the support group for a National Historic Landmark. She serves as an advisor emeritus for the National Trust for Historic Preservation. She is the author of<i>The Making of a Historic District: Swiss Avenue, Dallas, Texas</i>, a 40-page booklet how-to published by the National Trust in 1975 that historic groups across the country have used as a guide in creating their historic districts. She is coauthor of<i>The Homes of the Park Cities, Dallas: Great American Suburbs</i>.
- Author(s)Virginia Savage McAlester
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf
- Content Note1600+ Illustrations and Maps
- Weight1542 g
- Width171 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.