All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- Description* First-ever revision of a classic guidebook* Information on each plant's characteristics, distribution, and medicinal qualities as well as updated taxomy and 15 new species* How to identify and use wild plants for medicinal purposes This illustrated guide to North American wild medicinals has been a nature classic for over thirty years. In this new edition, David K. Foster revises Bradford Angier's invaluable handbook, updating the taxomy and adding more than a dozen species, including the purple coneflower, popularly kwn as echinacea, as well as ephedra, jewelweed, goldenseal, and more. Scientific information for a general audience and full-color illustrations combine with intriguing accounts of the plants' uses, making this a practical guide for anyone interested in the medicinal uses of wild plants.
- Author BiographyBradford Angier is the author of numerous best-selling books on nature and outdoor living, including Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants (978-0-8117-2076-2), Wilderness Shelters and How to Build Them (978-1-5857-4430-5), and Looking for Gold (978-0-8117-2034-2). David K. Foster is associate professor of biology and environmental science at Messiah College in Pennsylvania and a member of the Society of American Foresters.
- Author(s)Bradford Angier,David K. Foster
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note130 colour photos
- Weight28 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.