Field Guide to Produce: How to Identify, Select, and Prepare Virtually Every Fruit and Vegetable at the Market by Aliza Green (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionGrocery store aisles and farmers' market stalls are more colourful than ever, with heaping piles of familiar and strange produce. Sure, you'll recognise apples, pears, lettuce, and celery, but would you kw quince, amaranth, jicama, or kumquats if you saw them? And matter what you purchased, would you kw how to eat it? The answers to these questions and more can be found in Field Guide to Produce, a handy reference to nearly every fruit and vegetable imaginable. If you've never seen the item before, flip through the colour section to find a photograph of it, and then refer to its full description. In the descriptive pages, you'll learn just what to look for in an ideal piece - whether at its sweetest, crispest, or most flavourful. You'll also find out about its country of origin and growing season. Step-by-step directions teach you how to prep the item before eating it (whether you need to peel it, blanch it, or eat only a certain part), and particular flavour affinities are listed to help you prepare it successfully.
- Author BiographyAliza Green is a chef, food writer, and teacher based in Philadelphia. She is the author of The Bean Bible: A Legumaniac s Guide to Lentils, Peas, and Every Edible Bean on the Planet! and co-author of Ceviche!: Seafood, Salads, and Cocktails with a Latino Twist.
- Author(s)Aliza Green
- PublisherQuirk Books
- Date of Publication26/03/2004
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuirk Books
- Content Note200 illustrations, (some colour )
- Weight360 g
- Width112 mm
- Height149 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.