All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionExpert battlefields guide Nicki von der Heyde presents 71 battles covering three wars and a series of conflicts that shaped the course of South Africa's history - from the colonial clashes that characterised the 18th and 19th centuries to the 2nd Anglo-Boer War of 1899-1902. Informative and lively accounts of the engagements are provided, with special attention given to the context, action, outcomes and principal combatants involved. Arranged in provincial and regional order, the Field guide to the battlefields of South Africa includes an array of special features that allow for an enthralling and multi-layered account of the battles: 580 images; 80 illustrated timelines; 60 fact and feature boxes; 16 antated battle maps; 10 regional locator maps; detailed directions to each site; GPS co-ordinates for inaccessible locations. Comprehensive, compelling and vividly illustrated, the Field guide to the battlefields of South Africa is an indispensable tool for professional and amateur military historians as well as anyone interested in exploring South Africa's fascinating history.
- Author BiographyNicki von der Heyde read History at the University of Cape Town. Based in KwaZulu-Natal, she is a specialist battlefields tour operator, a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and an honorary life member of the Anglo-Zulu War Historical Society.
- Author(s)Nicki von der Heyde
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Travel & Heritage
- Content Note580 photographs, 27 maps
- Weight800 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.