Field Guide to the Wildflowers of Georgia and Surrounding States by Linda G. Chafin (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.99+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionField Guide to the Wildflowers of Georgia and Surrounding States is the first field guide devoted exclusively to Georgia's wildflowers, while also including a large number of plants found in neighbouring states. Organized in a clear and logical way, Linda G. Chafin's guide is both scientific and accessible to those who aren't professional botanists. The guide includes ntechnical species descriptions and comparisons with similar plants, information on the habitats and natural communities that support Georgia's wildflowers, and suggestions for the best places and times to see wildflowers. The guide includes descriptions of the wildflowers found in forests, woodlands, and wetlands, as well as those growing along roadsides that are often dismissed as weeds but may first attract the attention of budding naturalists. Features: A large set of 750 thumbnail photographs that allows users to identify plants by flower colour Detailed descriptions for 770 of the most common wildflowers found in Georgia and throughout most of the Southeast, as well as additional information for 530 similar to species Descriptions of the natural communities in Georgia where wildflowers may easily be seen An alphabetical arrangement by plant family, with each plant family broken down alphabetically by genus and species A guide to the prounciation of scientific namesLightweight and sturdy eugh for the field but inclusive eugh for the reference shelf 90% or more of the species in this guide occur in Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina 80% or more of the species in this guide occur in Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Virginia
- Author BiographyLinda Chafin, Conservation Botanist, State Botanical Garden of Georgia, USA author of Field Guide to the Rare Plants of Florida (Florida Natural Areas Inventory (FNAI), 2000) and co-author of Rare, Threatened and Endangered Species in Forests of Florida (FNAI, 2003). Hugh and Carol Nourse's photographs and writings about wildflowers have appeared in American Gardener, Backpacker, Nature Photographer and Wildflower magazines, and they have lectured widely on the subject. Volunteer photographers for the State Botanical Garden of Georgia. The Nourses are the authors of Wildflowers of Georgia, The State Botanical Garden of Georgia and Favorite Wildflower Walks in Georgia (all Georgia). Both have been officers in the Georgia Botanical Society. They are also members of the Georgia Native Plant Society and volunteers in the Botanical Guardians Project for the Georgia Plant Conservation Alliance. They have been honored by the State Botanical Garden of Georgia for their volunteer work as photographers, and they received a grant from the Natural Heritage Program of the Department of Natural Resources to photograph rare plants for the program's image collection.
- Author(s)Linda G. Chafin
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleWormsloe Foundation Nature Book Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note860 regular and 828 thumbnail colour photographs and 10 line drawings
- Weight953 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hugh Nourse,Carol Nourse
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.