All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe successful investigation of the hydrogeology of an area depends on the collection of reliable field data. Field Hydrogeology, Third Edition follows a systematic approach to completing a hydrogeological study and explains how to decide on the measurements that are needed and on the instruments and techniques required. Measurements that are needed and on the instruments and techniques required. Measurements of groundwater levels, rainfall and evaporation spring and stream flows and the use of ground water tracer techniques are covered. There is a great deal of practical information on all aspects of planning and completion of field investigation and on the interpretation of field investigation and on the interpretation of field evidence. Advice on safety is also included. This third edition has been fully revised and updated to bring the book into line with developments in environmental regulations. The order of the chapters reflects the structure of a hydrogeological project and the development of a conceptual model up to completion of a report. The focus is on current practical applications of hydrogeological investigations using new case histories and a new chapter on specialist techniques has been included.* Handy pocket-size for field research* Features case histories* Focuses on practical applications* Contains a new chapter on groundwater investigations Field Hydrogeology, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for undergraduate and postgraduate students of geology, hydrogeology, environmental sciences and engineering, as well as a wide range of professionals working in the water resources and environmental protection fields.
- Author BiographyRick Brassington, Consultant Hydrogeologist.
- Author(s)Rick Brassington
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleGeological Field Guide
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width118 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.