All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise, much-needed guide takes readers step by step through planning and executing field work associated with many different types of remote sensing projects. Remote sensing texts and research reports typically focus on data-analytic techniques while offering a dearth of information on procedures followed in the field. In contrast, this book provides clear recommendations for defining field work objectives, devising a valid sampling plan, finding locations using GPS, and selecting and using effective measurement techniques for field reflectance spectra and for studies of vegetation, soils, water, and urban areas. Appendices feature sample field te forms, an extensive bibliography on advanced and specialized methods, and online metadata sources.
- Author BiographyRoger M. McCoy earned a BS degree in petroleum geology from the University of Oklahoma, and worked for an oil company for several years before starting graduate school. He obtained a mastera (TM)s degree in geography from the University of Colorado, followed by a PhD in geography with an emphasis in remote sensing at the University of Kansas. After short periods of teaching at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the University of Kentucky, Dr. McCoy taught at the University of Utah until his retirement in 1998. During that time he taught remote sensing and physical geography and conducted research in remote sensing of vegetation, soils, and hydrocarbons. He lives near Tucson with his wife, Sue, and continues his interests in research and writing.
- Author(s)Roger M. McCoy
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication23/12/2004
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight246 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.