All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding a culinary foundation on her Mississippi roots and a farm-to-table concept, Chef Jennifer Hill Booker creates a unique take on contemporary Southern cooking. Combining agrarian approaches and down-home style with classical-French techniques, Booker reinvents Southern cuisine. These 135 recipes are the culmination of summers and holidays spent in Charleston, Mississippi, at the family farm. For both the vice and experienced cook, Booker has the perfect recipe to satisfy your stalgic taste buds. With chapters devoted to everything from breakfast foods to vegetables to pork dishes, Booker presents a fresh and versatile perspective on contemporary Southern food. From comforting Cracklin Bread and flaky Buttermilk Biscuits to elegant Winter Pumpkin Soup and invative Fig Stuffed Chicken Livers, Chef Jennifer Hill Booker will introduce you to an array of recipes that use French techniques to elevate familiar flavours. In addition to recipes, Booker shares personal stories and photos of her family -- raising chickens, butchering hogs, and tending the garden. The easy-to-follow recipes, food-pairing suggestions, and delectable photographs make this a must-have cookbook for any kitchen.
- Author BiographyJennifer Hill Booker is the executive chef and owner of Your Resident Gourmet, LLC, a personal chef and catering company. Booker earned a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Tulsa, an associate degree from Oklahoma State University, and a certificate from Le Cordon Bleu-Paris. A former culinary instructor and a culinary arts program director, she is well qualified to write about proper cooking techniques, flavor combinations, and food pairings. Booker lives in Lilburn, Georgia. Deborah Whitlaw Llewellyn is a professional photographer in Atlanta. In addition to producing advertising and corporate photography, she has seen her work published in more than a dozen books and in more than one hundred articles for numerous regional and shelter magazines, including Atlanta magazine, Coastal Living, Veranda, Traditional Home, and Elle Decor.
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication10/10/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note50 colour photos
- Weight814 g
- Width205 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Photographs byDeborah Whitlaw Llewellyn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.