All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a new realist ontology based on the concept of fields of sense. Markus Gabriel presents us with an invative answer to one of the central questions of philosophy: what is the meaning of 'being' - or, rather, 'existence' - and how does that concept relate to the totality of what there is? This ontology hinges on Gabriel's concept of fields of sense, which shows that he fundamentally opposes the idea that mathematics or the natural sciences could ever replace a richer philosophical understanding of what there is and how we kw about it. The first contribution to a speculative epistemology on the basis of an ontology first method and develops a new realist ontology as well as outlining a realist epistemology grounded in ontology.
- Author BiographyMarkus Gabriel is Chair in Epistemology, Modern and Contemporary Philosophy at Bonn University.
- Author(s)Markus Gabriel
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- Series TitleSpeculative Realism
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.