CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionOn 6 June 1944, 156,000 American, British, and Canadian servicemen fought ashore on beaches along the Normandy coast or landed from the air to begin wresting back Nazi occupied Europe. The D-Day invasion was the largest amphibious landing in history. Although successful, it was only precursor to months of the deadly fighting necessary to dislodge stubborn German defenders from the Norman countryside and eventually liberate France. As a visitor's guide, Fields of War: Battle of Normandy presents the actual locations of key events in the struggle to free France from German occupation. Each battlefield visit begins with a succinct history of events followed by a description of the intense military action that determined success or failure. Extensive detailed maps illustrate the flow of the battle across the landscape and the units that participated. Detailed driving instructions and GPS co-ordinates direct visitors to each battlefield site. Descriptions of museums, memorials, cemeteries, and surviving artefacts are given along with their hours of operation. Mailing, email, and web addresses are also provided.
- Author BiographyDuring his long career as an executive with a major international corporation, Robert Mueller developed a love of travel and an enthusiasm for visiting historic locations. He caught the battlefield bug when, as a child, he visited Gettysburg. Retirement brought him the opportunity to visit and study the battlefields of Europe. He is a member of the Midwest Writers Association and numerous military themed internet forums. Mr Mueller holds advanced degrees in physics and business administration. He served his military service in the US Army Signal Corps during the Vietnam era. Born and raised in Chicago, Mr Mueller and his wife now live in one of its north-west suburbs. They have three children and two grandchildren.
- Author(s)Robert Mueller
- PublisherFrench Battlefields
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationIllinois
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFrench Battlefields
- Content Note32 b&w photos 94 Maps
- Weight636 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.