All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this addition to the acclaimed The Church and Postmodern Culture series, leading practical theologian Christian Scharen examines the relationship between theology and its social context. He engages with social theorist Pierre Bourdieu to offer helpful theoretical and theological grounding to those who want to reflect critically on the faith and practice of the church, particularly for those undertaking ministry internships or fieldwork assignments. As Scharen helps a wide array of readers to understand the social context of doing theology, he articulates a vision for the church's involvement with what God is doing in the world and provides concrete examples of churches living out God's mission.
- Author BiographyChristian Scharen (PhD, Emory University) is vice president of applied research at Auburn Theological Seminary in New York City, New York. He has authored a number of books, including One Step Closer, and is the book review editor of Ecclesial Practices.
- Author(s)Christian Scharen
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleChurch and Postmodern Culture
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byColonel James Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.