CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $92.76Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.63
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionCuban cop Mercado has a score to settle, on behalf of a deadbeat dad, a 'traitor' who skipped free from Castro's control to set up a new life working illegally in Colorado. He settled in a ski resort popular with the Hollywood set, where the facade is maintained by the immigrant cleaners and labourers who work for below minimum wage while the local sheriff is bribed to turn a blind eye. Hernandez Snr.'s dreams of fortune and freedom came to a swift end when he was killed in a hit-and-run accident. Sworn to avenge his death, Mercado has some obstacles to overcome - t least getting out of Cuba, where visas are as elusive as constant electricity. Switching back and forth between heat-soaked Havana and the icy luxury of the mountainside resort, Fifty Grand is an audacious thriller from an ackwledged talent -- and an incendiary debut for a new hero. 'McKinty is one of Britain's great contemporary crime writers and the Sean Duffy books are his masterpiece.' IAN RANKIN
- Author BiographyAdrian McKinty was born in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland, and grew up at the height of the Troubles. He studied law, politics and philosophy at university. In the early 1990s he moved to New York City where he worked in bars, bookstores and building sites. He now lives in Melbourne, Australia. The first Sean Duffy novel The Cold Cold Ground won the 2013 Spinetingler Award, its sequel I Hear The Sirens In The Street was shortlisted for the 2013 Ned Kelly Award, and Sean Duffy Thriller #3, In the Morning I'll be Gone, won the 2014 Ned Kelly Award and was picked as one of the top 10 crime novels of 2014 by the American Library Association.
- PrizesLong-listed for Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year 2011.
- Author(s)Adrian McKinty
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/04/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSerpent's Tail
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.