All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionFifty Modern and Contemporary and Dramatists is a critical introduction to the work of some of the most important and influential playwrights from the 1950s to the present day. The figures chosen are among the most widely studied by students of drama, theatre and literature and include such celebrated writers as: * Samuel Beckett * Caryl Churchill * Anna Deavere Smith * Jean Genet * Sarah Kane * Heiner Muller * Arthur Miller * Harold Pinter * Sam Shephard Each short essay is written by one of an international team of academic experts and offers a detailed analysis of the playwright's key works and career. The introduction provides an historical and theatrical context to the volume, which provides an invaluable overview of modern and contemporary drama.
- Author BiographyJohn F. Deeney is Principal Lecturer in Contemporary Arts at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Among his numerous publications he is co-editor, with Maggie B. Gale, of The Routledge Drama Anthology and Sourcebook: From Modernism to Contemporary Performance. Maggie B. Gale is Professor and Chair of Drama at the University of Manchester, UK. She is co-editor of the Routledge Modern and Contemporary Dramatists series and co-editor, with John F. Deeney, of The Routledge Drama Anthology and Sourcebook: From Modernism to Contemporary Performance.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Key Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJohn F. Deeney,Maggie B. Gale
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.