All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPen and Sword Books are proud to be re-issuing this the only book that the legendary 'legless' ace Douglas Bader (immortalised by the film Reach For The Sky) wrote. He tells the inspiring story of the Battle of Britain from the viewpoint of 'The Few'. Using superb illustrations he traces the development of the Spitfire and Hurricane and describes the nail-biting actions of those who flew them against far superior numbers of enemy aircraft. As an added bonus, other well-kwn fighter aces including Johnnie Johnson, 'Laddie' Lucas and Max Aikten contribute to Douglas's book, doubt out of affection and respect. This is a really important contribution to RAF history by one of the greatest -and certainly the most famous - pilot of the Second World War.
- Author BiographyDouglas Bader, a superb sportsman, refused to stop flying his Spitfire even after losing both legs after being shot down. He became a legend. Eventually shot down over France he became a POW who despite his disabilities tried to escape. He pursued a successful career after the War and was knighted. He died in 1982.
- Author(s)Douglas Bader
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.