Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe battle of Guadalcanal brutally shattered the myth of Japanese invincibility. August 7, 1942, marked the first American amphibious assault of World War II, and the first attempt to secure the Japanese-controlled island of Guadalcanal. Over 30,000 American and Japanese casualties were suffered during five months of some of the war's most vicious fighting. Vividly bringing to life the arduous struggle that faced soldiers such as valiant Medal of Hor winner Captain Joe Foss, this comic illustrates the Allies' first major offensive action of the Pacific War.
- Author BiographyLarry Hama is best known as a writer and editor for Marvel Comics, where he was responsible for the G. I. Joe comic book of the 1980s, and for developing many of the G.I. Joe characters for Hasbro. His other comic book writing credits include Wolverine, Avengers, Elektra, Venom and Batman. Larry also created the Bucky O'Hare comic, which was also turned into a toy line and an animated TV series. He lives and works in New York. The author lives in New York, USA.
- Author(s)Larry Hama
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/02/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleGraphic History S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Out-of-print date08/04/2016
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight181 g
- Width170 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Elson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.