Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.93Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle of Britain memoir of Hurricane pilot Barry Sutton, DFC. At 23 years of age, Barry Sutton had experienced more than the average person experiences in a lifetime. This book, based on a diary he kept during the Battle of Britain, covers September 1939 to September 1940 during which time based at North Weald one of Fighter Command's most important fighter stations, he shot down 3 German fighters and was shot down twice himself. It is also the story of his family, his wife whom he married in the midst of the epic air battle and who helped him survive the horrific injuries he sustained after bailing out of his burning Hurricane fighter plane.
- Author BiographyBarry Sutton shot down 3 enemy aircraft during the Battle of Britain, and 4 more later in the war in Burma. He went on to serve in the RAF for 29 years and ended his career as a Group Captain. He lived out his retirement with his wife on the Isle of Jersey and died in 1988.
- Author(s)Barry Sutton
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Out-of-print date21/01/2017
- Content Note30
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.