All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionOver the centuries, naval relations between Japan and Korea appear to have alternated between peaceful trade and outright hostility. However, this impression can be misleading, as much of what passed for mercantile activity was in fact conducted by Japanese pirate fleets, who pillaged the coasts of Korea and China in a long-lasting tradition that culminated in the greatest pirate raid of all - Hideyoshi's invasion of Korea in 1592. This was the conflict that involved Ming China and almost dragged in Siam. It also led to Korea developing East Asia's most famous warship - the legendary turtle ship, which is described here in full technical detail.
- Author BiographyStephen Turnbull is the world's leading English language authority on medieval Japan and the samurai. He has travelled extensively in the far east, particularly in Japan and Korea and is the author of 'The Samurai - A Military History' and Men-at-Arms 86: 'Samurai Armies 1550-1615'. Wayne Reynolds was born in Leeds. UK, and attended art college in Middlesborough. He has had a life-long passion for illustration, and since 1991 has worked as a professional artist. Wayne has provided illustrations and source material for many gaming companies, creating figures, landscapes and interiors, as well as providing core characterisation. He is perhaps best known though for his work on titles such as '2000AD', 'Slaine', and 'Judge Dredd'. Wayne is also a keen modeller and historical re-enactor.
- Author(s)Stephen Turnbull
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/01/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 63
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note17 b&w and 24 colour illustrations
- Weight169 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wayne Reynolds
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.