All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn one of history's most violent battles, Allied troops gathered along the shores of southern England, preparing for the invasion of Hitler's Fortress Europe. Facing them--from the Pas de Calais to Brittany--were German troops, dug in, waiting and preparing for the inevitable confrontation. History is often told from the perspective of the victors and oftentimes we do t hear the other side of the story. In this unique compilation, David Isby selects a series of in-depth accounts written by German commanders present at D-Day. All of these accounts were written after the war under the commission of the US Army in an attempt to intricately chart the development of German strategy in the event of future wars and invasions. These once private accounts detail everything from the planning stage of the invasion, to the uncertain waiting, and finally to the ordeal of D-Day itself--the reactions to the first reports of troop landings and a blow-by-blow account of the battle. Fighting the Invasion paints a vivid picture of D-Day from the German perspective, bringing home the entire experience from the initial waiting to the bitter fighting on the beaches and in running battles in Normandy villages. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Isby is the author or editor of over 20 books and 350 essays and articles in publications including International Defense Review, USA Today, and Washington Times. He has testified before both House and Senate committees as a independent expert. He resides in Washington DC.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid C Isby
- Foreword byRobert Kershaw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.