All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionLondon, 1949. In the aftermath of the war, Angie Westwood thinks the hard times are behind her. But when her cousin, Jane, dies of heart failure at the tender age of twenty, leaving a three-year-old son and an unresolved mystery over his father's identity, her life changes beyond all expectations. Angie immediately adopts Danny and decides to bring him up as her own, but she is torn between a desire to trace his father - for the boy's sake - and her fear of losing him to this unkwn man. Concerned about Danny's well-being, Angie takes him to visit John and Hettie Sawyer, whose farm she and Jane were evacuated to during the war. The moment they lay eyes on him it is immediately apparent to the Sawyers who Danny's father is. But should they share this news with Angie? For his identity will be the most ermous shock to her...
- Author BiographyBeryl Matthews joined a writers' group when she retired seven years ago and started working on her own novel. The result was The Open Door (Penguin 2002), based very loosely on her mother's early life. Beryl is also the author of Wings of the Morning, A Time of Peace and A Change of Fortune, all published by Penguin.
- Author(s)Beryl Matthews
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/10/2007
- Weight264 g
- Width115 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.