All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionIt is widely recognized that in some of his letters, Paul develops a Christology based on a comparison between Adam and Christ, and that this Christology has antecedents in Jewish interpretation of Genesis 1 - 4. But Paul was t concerned simply to develop themes found in scripture.Felipe Legarreta gives careful attention to patterns of exegesis in Second-Temple Judaism and identifies, for the first time, a number of motifs by which Jews drew ethical implications from the story of Adam and his expulsion from Eden. He then demonstrates that throughout the Christological passages in Romans and 1 Corinthians, Paul is taking part in a wider Jewish exegetical and ethical discussion regarding life in the new creation.
- Author BiographyFelipe de Jesus Legarreta-Castillo received his MA and PhD degrees at Loyola University, Chicago, where he wrote his dissertation under the supervision of Thomas Tobin, S.J. He was ordained as a priest in Mexico, and served in the diocese of Joliet. He is presently a resident Chaplain at Northwestern Hospital and is investigating health issues in Early Christianity and athletic metaphors in Paul.
- Author(s)Felipe de Legarreta-Castillo
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEmerging Scholars
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight58 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.