All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionGive your mind a playful workout with this collection of more than 100 inventive puzzles. Finding the solutions requires only minimal mathematical kwledge and will test your imagination as well as your brainpower. The motley collection ranges from conundrums and mathematical stunts to practical situations involving counting and measuring. Chess problems, magic squares, and a host of other intriguing scenarios will amuse and challenge puzzle enthusiasts and fans of recreational mathematics. Answers appear at the end of each chapter. These puzzles are the inventions of a gifted Soviet mathematician, Yakov Perelman, whose popular science books on astromy, physics, and mathematics inspired generations of readers. Perelman's distinctive style, abounding in wit and ingenuity, adds a special flair to his timeless riddles and brainteasers.
- Author BiographyYakov Perelman (1882-1942) was a Russian popular science writer, editor, and educator.
- Author(s)Yakov I. Perelman
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.