FileMaker 12 Developer's Reference: Functions, Scripts, Commands, and Grammars by Steve Lane, Scott Love, Dawn Heady, Bob Bowers (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.51+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe new FileMaker 12 allows you to build unparalleled databases for a wide variety of devices, from Windows and Mac desktops to iPhones and iPad. With 10 million registered customers, FileMaker's users are average Joes who are knowledge workers, subject matter experts, and business users from all walks of life. The community extends well beyond the pool of professional software developers. FileMaker's legendary ease-of-use has led to its wide adoption and has allowed non-programmers an avenue into creating sophisticated software solutions. FileMaker 12 Developer's Reference will serve to help bridge the gaps in these people's understanding of FileMaker's hundreds of calculation functions, script steps, and operations. They know FileMaker, they've used it for years, but they need a quick reference, immediately accessible while not interrupting their work on screen. There is no other book like this on the market. All FileMaker books include information on calculation formulas, scripting, etc., but none have expressly focused on giving readers one simple thing: a quick reference to be used in conjunction with their programming efforts. Some books teach, others explain, still others explore specific in-depth topics. This book will appeal to the entire FileMaker Pro community and be a great extension of their library. This edition is updated for the many new features coming with FileMaker 12, including the product's design functionality and the file format, and a new section dedicated to FileMaker Go, which is the iOS client.
- Author BiographyBob Bowers is CEO of Soliant Consulting, a 50-person firm that specializes in custom database and web application development. He is a recipient of the FileMaker Excellence Award and has co-authored seven books on FileMaker Pro development. In 2008 he was inducted into the Chicago Area Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame. After graduating summa cum laude in Music and English from Wabash College, Bob earned a master's degree in Musicology from the University of Chicago. Bob is also a proud dad of two young children, an avid banjo player, and an accomplished woodworker. Dawn Heady, a Senior Technical Project Lead for Soliant Consulting, has 20-plus years of FileMaker solution architecting experience during which time she's also been a successful business owner, served as a CIO in the credit restoration industry, and as Vice President of a company specializing in FileMaker plug-ins. She is an authorized FileMaker Training Series instructor, a regular speaker at the annual FileMaker Developer Conference and FileMaker webinars, and a contributor to the FileMaker Newsletter. In 2004 FileMaker selected Dawn as a FileMaker 7 Idol finalist for her Interface-RAD solution. Dawn is an avid fan of the Indianapolis Colts and Indiana Fever, loves to dote on her grandchildren, and is learning to sail her small wooden boat, Boxy Lady, which was handcrafted by her loving husband. Steve Lane, Chief Technology Officer of Soliant Consulting, served as Special Projects Developer at Scott Foreman, a leading K-6 Educational publisher. He has written for FileMaker Advisor magazine, and co-authored six books on FileMaker Pro. He has led training classes in FileMaker technologies all over the country and is authorized to teach the FileMaker Training Series. He regularly speaks at the annual FileMaker Developer Conference where in 2003 he was awarded the FileMaker Excellence Award for pushing the boundaries of FileMaker Pro. When not writing about technology, Steve is likely to be found being chased about by his children or grumbling over the fingerings of J. S. Bach. Or just grumbling. Scott Love, Chief Operating Officer of Soliant Consulting, served at Ziff-Davis Interactive as an online managing editor, served at Apple Computer as its web publishing technology evangelist, and led the technical marketing team at Macromedia. He has written dozens of feature and review articles on database and Internet/web topics for a wide range of computer publications including MacWorld magazine and FileMaker Advisor. He has coauthored four books: Special Edition Using FileMaker 7, Special Edition Using FileMaker 8, FileMaker 8 Functions and Scripts Desk Reference, and FileMaker 9 Developer Reference. He is also the producer for Grem Legends, an arcade game on the iOS App Store, and has written a technical brief on FileMaker Go. He is an authorized FileMaker Training Series instructor and a regular speaker at the FileMaker Developer Conference. In 2006 he was awarded the FileMaker Excellence Award for developing outstanding technical and training resources for FileMaker. Scott lives in the California Bay Area, where his penchant for gardening can be indulged year round.
- Author(s)Bob Bowers,Dawn Heady,Scott Love,Steve Lane
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/08/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1032 g
- Width180 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.