All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopular film as a medium of communication, expression and storytelling has proved one of the most durable and fascinating cultural forms to emerge during the twentieth century, and has long been the object of debate, discussion and interpretation. Film After Jung provides the reader with an overview of the history of film theory and delves into analytical psychology to consider the reaction that popular film can evoke through emotional and empathetic engagement with its audience. This book includes: * an introduction to film scholarship * discussions of key Jungian concepts * Post-Jungian film studies beyond film. It also considers the potential for post-Jungian contributions to film studies, and the ways in which these can help to enrich the lives of those undergoing clinical analysis. Film After Jung encourages students of film and psychology to explore the insights and experiences of everyday life that film has to offer by applying Post-Jungian concepts to film, image construction, narrative, and issues in cultural theory. It will enhance the film student's kwledge of film engagement as well as introducing the Jungian analyst to previously unexplored traditions in film theory.
- Author BiographyGreg Singh is Senior Lecturer in Media Studies at Buckinghamshire New University.
- Author(s)Greg Singh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white halftones
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $33.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.