All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionFew topics in the study of film produce as much controversy as authorship. Critics, historians, and theoreticians heatedly debate film authors, arguing vociferously about the nature of film authorship and questioning whether films even have authors at all. Film Authorship evaluates these debates in a rigorous and accessible manner. Generously illustrated, the book analyzes the historical development and theoretical underpinnings of the concepts of film authorship and the auteur. It then examines recent theories of film authorship and proposes a reconceptualization that grounds the topic firmly in empirical analyses of film production.
- Author BiographyC. Paul Sellors is lecturer in photography and film at Napier University, Edinburgh. His essays on film theory and philosophy have appeared in Screen, Film, and Philosophy and The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism.
- Author(s)C. P. Sellors
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width161 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.