Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionFilm, Music and Novel is an 'ideal' solo exhibition presented in book form: a core collection of art works by German artist Thomas Scheibitz, self selected and sequenced. As the title anticipates, the book is divided into three sections. In the 'Film' section Scheibitz exhibits oil paintings including the six pieces he recently created for the 2005 Venice Biennale; 'Music' showcases his drawings, sculptures and work-in-progress models; the final 'Novel' section brings together the artist's most significant works on paper. The book commences with a unique essay-collage mixing together a variety of sources such as articles, polaroids, sketches and personal tes, through which Scheibitz gives clues that, while also further expanding it, provide a deeper understanding of his oeuvre. Designed by Jason Beard, Film, Music and Novel presents a unique and thorough overview of the artists work to date as retold by him. Always taking as his starting point familiar images from contemporary culture, stylistically Thomas Scheibitz works in the abstract tradition, using vibrant colours, geometric forms, fragmented type and deconstructed shapes. Fascinated by constructions and compositions, and the various ways people experience them, Scheibitz is on a constant quest to define the limitations and legitimacy of the very medium he is working with, be it painting, sculpture or drawing.
- Author BiographyThomas Scheibitz was born in 1968 in Radeberg, Germany. Having completed his studies at the Hochschule fur Bildende Kunste in Dresden in 1996 he worked in New York and Tokyo, before finally settling in Berlin. He has participated in numerous group shows at major art institutions around the world, and has had solo exhibitions at the Galerie Gebr. Lehmann, Dresden, the ICA, London, the Kunstmuseum Winthethur: Museum der Bildenden Kunste, Leipzig, the Stedelijk Art Museum, Amsterdam, the Berkeley Art Museum, San Francisco, the Produzentengalerie, Hamburg, the Galerie Koch und Kesslau, Berlin, the Centre d'Art Contemporain, Geneva, the Galeria Fortes Vilaca, Sao Paolo, the Tanya Bonakdar Gallery, New York, and most recently at the 2005 Venice Biennale. Forthcoming shows include The Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin and Camden Art Centre, London.
- Author(s)Thomas Scheibitz
- PublisherOther Criteria
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOther Criteria
- Out-of-print date19/03/2015
- Content Note135 Colour
- Weight1500 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.