All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFilm Noir: From Berlin to Sin City explores the murky world of a genre responsible for many of film's most enduring images. Mark Bould discusses problems of definition and the often ambiguous nature of film ir and looks at modern films that could be called neo-ir. Iconic and enduring, film ir attracted great stars (Bogart, Bacall, Mitchum, Lancaster), many of the best directors of the era (Wilder, Lang, Preminger, Hawks, Siodmak, Welles) and this book is an indispensible guide to this still popular genre.
- Author BiographyMark Bould is Senior Lecturer in Film Studies at the University of the West of England. He is currently writing a book on John Sayles (Wallflower Press, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Mark Bould
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication20/06/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Note12 b& w
- Weight240 g
- Width150 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.